REPORTING TO: Operations Manager
JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW:
To generate production plans to effectively and efficiently satisfy Customer Sales requirements for both Domestic and International markets.
- Set daily/weekly/monthly Production Plans and effectively communicate them to all concerned.
- Play an active role in the Daily Lean Management Meetings as part of an Intact Work Group (IWG), i.e. Warehouse Supervisor, Clean Room Supervisor, QA Supervisor, Customer Service Supervisor
- Meet weekly with the IWG to communicate weekly production plans, identify potential issues and ensure alignment to Sales requirements
- Continuously improve Company planning systems e.g. NAV, Excel databases, etc.
- Using MRP system identify/place purchase orders for production materials and expedite as required
- Ensure supplier forecast are accurately updated and emailed to each Instrument manufacturer – Weekly/Monthly
- Using MRP system identify/generate Manufacturing Orders for the Clean Room/Sub Contract Packaging in accordance with the Production Plan, i.e. Warehouse Pick Lists, Device History Records (DHR), QA Pick Lists, Priority listings, etc.
- Co-ordinate/execute subcontract packaging activities i.e. Riverside
- Co-ordinate all sub contract sterilisation orders, i.e. Gamma, ETO & Steam
- Achieve a Customer Back Order level of < 5% of Sales
- Achieve a production Schedule of Compliance of > 95%
- Monitor all inventory levels, finished Goods & Raw Materials, to maximise inventory turns in accordance with Company Financial objectives.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Embrace an attitude of Continual Improvement to identify and eliminate all forms of waste – i.e. adopt LEAN/5S principles
- Undertake any other duties that may be necessary, that are appropriate to the grade of this role
- Ensure strict compliance to Company Health & Safety policy/procedures
- Proven experience as a Planner/Buyer – essential
- Knowledge of MRP systems – essential
- Organisation and leadership abilities – essential
- Knowledge of LEAN/5S principles – desirable
- Good communication skills – essential
- Good knowledge of MS Office – Excel, Word & PowerPoint – essential
- A helpful and friendly approach
- A Team Player
- Capable of working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Dedicated and committed
- Customer focused
- Flexible approach to working additional hours/weekends when required